Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week in the Life 2008...revisited

It seems like everyone is in the process of cleaning and purging at this time of year, and as much as possible, we are here, too. One thing I came across was this handful of pictures (and the accompanying ephemera) from Week in the Life 2008, which I obviously never finished. Since I went to the trouble and expense of printing the pictures, I decided to at least put them in pages in an album so we can look at them and get them out of my piles.
As you may notice, I still have an extra blanket on my side of the bed. It is still getting close to freezing at night.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffani,

    I saw that you have recently read an Amish cookbook. I work with Thomas Nelson,and we have just released a new book about a "cousin" to the Amish--the Hutterites. The book is a memoir by Mary-Ann Kirkby titled I Am Hutterite. It is the author’s memoir of her life growing up on a Hutterite colony in Canada. The Hutterites are similar to the Amish and Mennonites, but the major difference is that they practice community living and share everything. The book reveals Mary-Ann’s childhood from birth to age ten living on the Hutterite community. When she was ten, her parents abruptly left the safety of the colony and moved in to the English world.

    I thought this book might interest you. If so, please contact me with your mailing address, and I will send you a complimentary copy of I Am Hutterite for review on your blog at your convenience.

    Thanks!

    Jodi Hughes
    JHughes@ThomasNelson.com

    ReplyDelete