Friday, June 11, 2010

Inherited

A few nights ago, I was chopping a large quantity of chicken late in the evening, and decided I had to sit down to do so, after standing in the kitchen for several hours making dinner and cleaning it up and some other things as well. Sitting down gave me a new perspective on this old scale. So I dragged my weary carcass back out of the chair and went for the camera. Isn't it cool? It was my grandma H's. I have no idea how old it is. From time to time, I consider replacing it with a newer, more accurate one. But this one works fine, and a new one would never have such charm.

2 comments:

  1. I love the type on old things like that. What a treasure to have your grandma's scale. The few things I have of my grandma's are my prized possessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a fun scale and the newer ones probably wouldn't last half as long...they just don't make them like they used to!

    ReplyDelete