Friday, June 11, 2010

Wise words


Just read this short post which basically is on being focused, and found it very meaningful, (especially the quote about facebook at the bottom). It was helpful to have someone put so succinctly in words something that I have felt to be so myself - that periods of uninterrupted time for thinking, cleaning, creating, etc., are the most productive. Trying to cram 15 minutes of this or that in here and there doesn't work very well for me, and is a factor in why I'm starting to feel like I'm losing my mind, and other things as well, such as the mail from yesterday. Even now, someone is talking to me while I type. The nights have been getting later and later as I try to squeeze in some things that require more than half my attention, such as figuring out school for next year, and reading a book. A 1.5 hour quiet time used to be strictly enforced around here, but as everyone got older and school required more time each day, that went by the wayside. Yesterday all was aligned in such a way that it worked out for that to happen and it was so nice. It was the first time it felt like anything was remotely accomplished on the list of things that need to be tackled this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment