Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not-to-do list for moms

This article was pointed out in an email I received yesterday. I didn't have time to stop and consider it all in depth, but think it would be beneficial to take the time to evaluate each of her points on the "not-to-do" list and how they add clutter to my mind. Here are a couple of the points, just to whet your curiosity:

  • Not to think I can make a dinner that requires more than three ingredients, do the laundry, clean the house and spend quality time with my kids all in the same day.
  • Not to ruminate over my mistakes or the mistakes of others.
Since skimming it, I've already come up with one big thing to put on my "not-to-do" list that was unnecessary that was going to add a lot of stress and probably exhaustion and frustration to the next week. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I've been working on the phone- not answering it when we're eating dinner together or even when I'm homeschooling during the day. We have voicemail for crying out loud!
    =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to really think using the words "not to do" instead of "to do" haha Candee

    ReplyDelete