Sunday, August 17, 2008

New find!!!

Tonight while searching for info about my grandfather on Google, I happened upon Google Book Search. Am I the last to discover this or is it something new? I don't know, but it searches the content of books for things (like my grandfather's name) and pulls them up in text. This is a tool I can envision using in the future (though nothing can replace REAL books).

Along this line, a site that has been around for a while that is great for reading books online is Bartleby. It is a treasure source for a variety of things, such as classic fairy tales (i.e. the original version - not Disney's), classic literature, etc.

Also, there are some evacuations from the village of one of Geoff's students that I mentioned a while back. You can read the news article about it here. Here's one picture taken there when he and little G went there just before Christmas. Have to post some more later.

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of the Google Book Search. Pretty cool!

    Hoping everyone from the student's village is ok??!!

    ReplyDelete