Friday, March 18, 2011

Pulling a fast one...

For a while, we did really well at eliminating the majority of refined flour from our diet, but as time passed, and the kids got older, and life more hectic, a lot has crept back in. They aren't real hip on whole wheat pasta noodles (and to be honest, they're not my favorite either), so to try and make it somewhat healthier, I have been cooking a mixture of half regular and half whole wheat noodles, all in the same pot. With both older kids in 4-H foods projects this year, there is a lot of refined flour in our future! Since we moved last fall, I have fallen out of the bread-making routine and been buying the majority of our bread for the first time in 8 or 9 years. Hopefully I can get back in the game with that, and they will readjust to eating it. At first they missed it, but I fear they may get used to store-bought, and not be happy with the homemade in the future. Maybe not.

The blog has been calling to me lately! But not strongly enough to skip sleep for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment