Friday, August 20, 2010

One of many piles

This is the pile of most of the journals I have kept off and on for the past 3 decades or so. Mostly they are prayer journals. I like to write out my prayers, mostly because it helps me stay focused and keep my mind from wandering. But there is content in those pages, that I really don't feel that anyone else ever needs to see. I've been in a quandary about this. Should they be burned now? Selective pages torn out? What?

Recently a solution came to me that will retain the majority of the content, but allow for some selective editing/deleting. As mentioned in a few previous posts, I've really enjoyed studying art journals and how people make them, and got the idea that the parts that I would be uncomfortable with anyone else reading, could be layered with gesso, and decorated with various forms of art journaling. It would give me a purpose to play. The journals could even be more valuable to my kids/family afterward, and more pleasing and interesting to go through.

We'll see if I actually ever get around to it. There are just a few things on my plate right now and for the months to come!!!!

2 comments:

  1. what a decision...I know what you mean, I wouldn't want anyone to read parts of my journals, but I know I benefit from time to time by going back through them....what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSS! What a perfect idea! I have journaled all my life, 50 yers+ and have had the same concerns.
    I have a close friend who decorates the covers of journals for people, why not do the same on the inappropriate inside pages??!! Love it, i am so excited!
    Thanx, I will be back to your lovely blog!
    BS

    ReplyDelete