Friday, March 26, 2010

What's in your bag?

Kirsten asked, "What's in Your Bag?" this week, which was good inspiration for me to empty mine out and start to use a new one that was recently picked up at Kohl's.
Have you seen Anita Renfroe's monologue on the topic of purses? If so, I fit into the "tiny toter" category. And for as long as I can remember, I have carried a purse that can go across the body. I really like to have both hands free and yet know that my purse is securely attached to me. If I carried a bag that had to be set down while looking at something or paying or whatever, I would have walked off and left it several times over by now. And my lack of fashion sense plays in to this as well. When I find a purse that suits me, we're friends for life (well, the length of its life anyway). The one I have now has been with me for about 4 years and is still doing pretty well, but the strap has started coming unhooked from time to time.
Contents: Large wad of keys, sanitizer, lip gloss, Blistex, lipstick, concealer, band aids, grocery/errand list, sunglasses, a pen, and $5 (plus the usual assortment of library, AAA, Sam's, bank and credit cards).


I don't like carrying something big, though from time to time I will carry a larger black bag when other items are needed, such as a camera, Bible, or book, in which case I often throw the small purse in the bigger bag and carry it all together. This is the new one. It isn't as light and bright as I was hoping for, but fits all the other criteria and is slightly larger than the black one above, which will be nice sometimes. Those sunglasses are kind of big for that purse and they will fit better in this one.
So what's in your purse/bag? Let me know if you share!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks for playing along! (your purse seems a little....clean...a great side effect of the photos, don't you think?)

    ReplyDelete