Monday, January 4, 2010

One Word 2010

If one were judging by this blog, it would appear that I had dropped off the face of the earth! But no, life was just full with Christmas gatherings, creations, travels, gatherings, creations, etc., and there was no time left for this!

For the past two years, in following along with this blog, I have picked a word to focus on for the year. While it hasn't had a tremendously significant impact on my life, having a simple focus in that way has been helpful, even though I don't necessarily think of the word every single day.

Here are my chosen words from the past:
2008: Love
2009: Action

And now, for 2010, the word, which is really a person, is:

JESUS

And while He should be the focus every moment of every day of every year of my life (I have not chosen this the past two years because it seems that it should be so obvious and natural), the distractions of the world we live in lull and charm me away from the one who has rescued me from the consequences of my own sin and loves me more than anyone else. Hopefully you will hear more from me on this topic on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment