Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gene Wilder and other randomness

One of the greatest joys in life for me at this point, is time for an uninterrupted (i.e. no children) conversation with a friend . It encourages me, stimulates my brain and gets me outside my sometimes-little world of being a full-time mommy. I wanted to publicly thank Geoff for making it possible yesterday, and the friend who made the time for it as well.

It was past time for haircuts last weekend. Here is a "before" picture (taken by a payphone, and a pink one nonetheless - can't believe they still exist):
For some reason, he is the only one to inherit the curls to much extent, but you can only tell that when his hair gets long enough. As I was giving him a trim, he says, "I am starting to look a little like Gene Wilder, aren't I?" Um, yeah, on your way there.

Here is the after - much more suited to summer: How, out of 8 cousins, was I one of the two "lucky" ones to get this stuff???? (This is another picture taken after the hairdresser poufed it up. There was an even better one, but I do have some semblance of self-preservation, so will refrain from public display!) I mean really, it reduces my visibility!!!

2 comments:

  1. He looks adorable both ways!

    I had to laugh at your hair comments... I always wanted straight hair growing up. Mine's thick and wavy. And no matther how much I pay for a cut or where I get it cut, it always ends up....
    thick and wavy. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at the pouf! You are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete