Monday, July 7, 2008

BOOM, FLASH, BOOM, BOOM

Had the first thunderstorm since we've been here last night. I personally LOVE rain and thunderstorms. It wasn't a real whopper of the scary variety, but lots of rumbling.

Here's little G helping Grandpa grind feed for the calves. It is a mixture of a variety of things all ground and stirred up by this machine which is run from the "power-take-off" system of the tractor (as are many/most pieces of farm equipment). It is a very loud procedure, hence the ear protection, which has only been used for the past 10 years or so. That means that while I was growing up running all these loud tractors, we didn't have any, and that added to my genetic tendency toward hearing loss means I could be practically deaf by the time I'm 60. (I already have issues.)This is another piece of vintage equipment. It is a '75 flatbed truck that my dad still drives to all the cow shows. It doesn't have the biggest of engines, and tends to barely creep up big hills. Fortunately there aren't too many of those here in the midwest. No air conditioning in this one.

That bike is vintage 70's "banana seat" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment