Friday, October 23, 2015

Yummy Grilled Chicken

A few months ago, we used money I received for my birthday to purchase a wood pellet grill. Sometime I will try to write about the particular one we ended up with, but for now, this post is about our most recent success with it.

Last week we bought a pack of chicken breasts at Sam's Club. Instead of throwing them in the freezer whole, I cut them up and put them in a Ziplock bag with the marinade for these Honey Lime Chicken Adobo Skewers, and froze it that way. Yesterday, I put the bag out to defrost on the counter and it was just thawed when it was time to fix them.

This recipe uses the grill as a grill, not a smoker. The temperature was pretty high, so keep an eye on them if you don't want overcooked chicken! The only other alteration I made to the recipe was using lime oil from King Arthur Flour instead of lime zest (so quick and easy - and this bottle has lasted me for YEARS).

These were really good and we will have them again. I really like the convenience of freezing meat in a marinade and having it ready to go for a future meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment