Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Unsubscribing

There has been much mental pondering and chewing this fall. A big change in one's life will lead to that, I suppose. In this season of thankfulness and giving, there are many thought-stimulating places to go, too, such as this post on gratitude. While at the moment, the requirements of life are consuming most of my physical effort and energy, there are some significant areas of nan-material clutter that are zapping my spiritual, mental, and creative productivity.

I know I've said it before, but the computer can be such a huge source of wasted time and distraction for me. Not this blog, though there was a period in the past when I spent more time on it. But reading other people's blogs and studying their creations and recipes and so forth, is stealing all the time I would have to be creating my own. So, as mentioned in the post linked above, I have started unsubscribing from email lists that are counterproductive, unnecessary, or no longer of interest, and hope to make other steps in reducing mental and time clutter from my life in the coming months. Hopefully this will be replaced by greater service and accomplishment in my own life. I don't want to get to heaven and be asked what I did with all the time here on earth and have to answer, "Read blogs on the computer." (For someone else it might be, "Watched TV several hours every week." Etc.)

Random thoughts to start the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment