Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thinking ahead


Can it already be the back half of the year??? This idea looked so intriguing: To "wreck a journal" together as a family. I think we all might get one for Christmas. Wouldn't it be cool to see what the kids did with it?
I see great potential in this. For some of us who are perfectionists...learning to let it go. For those who aren't...permission to be who you are. I'm sure one member of our family is probably going to have boogers and who-knows-what in his book, but won't mention any names, though at his current life stage, he'd probably be proud. He's previously painted on canvas with toothpaste and fingernail polish (thanks Rita), and just gets grosser with time, so I'm a little scared to see what comes of it.

The whole idea of an art journal has intrigued me for a while. There are things in my heart and mind I don't want to put down in words anywhere, but expressing them visually would be different. But this is one of those things that is not a top priority and requires hurdling the wall of perfectionism, and therefore has not come to pass. But I'm pretty good at following directions when they are logical and clear (but not when they're not) and think I could go with the flow and Wreck This Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment