Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Salad Series, part 6

Little G always asks me to double or triple the amount of chicken made for this salad. The kids like it, though they don't usually eat it all mixed together this way.CHICKEN SALAD from BECKY R.
4 chicken breasts
1 oz olive oil
1 oz soy sauce
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp thyme
Mix items 2-5 together and drizzle over chicken breasts. Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is springy and not overdone. Slice chicken for serving and return to drippings.

Leafy lettuce or Belgian endive
Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (I use feta)
Lightly chopped walnuts

Mix for dressing: 6 oz olive oil (I use 2-3 oz)
2 oz balsamic vinegar
1 tsp anchovy paste
4 tsp Dijon mustard
1 shallot chopped finely (I use scallion)

To serve: Serve lettuce with warm chicken and drippings, feta, walnuts, and dressing to taste.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Anything with chicken and feta, just yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish I had seen this before I planned supper :) Later in the week Me the C

    ReplyDelete