Sunday, October 26, 2008

No time to blog!

Lots to post about but not enough time. Life has been especially "full" the past few weeks and though I would rather put some pictures and so forth up, need to do some work around here to get ready for the week starting tomorrow. It's tempting to take the whole week off from school, as we are taking a "fall break" along with Geoff this coming weekend, to catch up with the rest of life.

One thing I will share quickly: This year we are covering American history from just prior to the civil war on to more recent times. Reading about the civil war has been very heavy, but interesting. I was kind of surprised, but the kids seemed to really enjoy this book:
And asked to read this one along with it: By the way, we love the historical books by this author (Cheryl Harness) - lots of informative detail, with very detailed illustrations that give the children a lot to look at while listening.
And here is the read-aloud we are currently on:

Lots to absorb in all this.

1 comment:

  1. We have Across Five Aprils just sitting here. And we haven't done a read-aloud for a long while. I think you just gave me a great idea! LOL!

    My blog time has been getting interrupted a lot lately. I'm trying to get back on track, too!

    ReplyDelete